cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nintex Newbie

Sending email notification after passing due date 30, 60 and 90 days

Hi all,

I need to create a workflow to send notification to creator based on below scenarios:

1. If a task passed task due date by 30 days send a reminder (notification).

2. If a task passed task due date by 60 (a month) days send a reminder (notification).

3. If a task passed task due date by 90 (a month) days send a reminder (notification).

i have created a variable called reminder and used Calculate date to add 30 days

remindervariable.PNG

and then add the run field:

runif.PNG

and then send notification.

allfields.PNG

since this is not working i havnt start for 60 and 90 days yet, 

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Sending email notification after passing due date 30, 60 and 90 days

Hi,

Most Task actions have reminder capabilities built in.  Have you looked into that method for your solution?

Treminder.png

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Hi SimonThanks for your information, i knew about that feature, however in my case i am comparing a SharePoind date field with a variable (30,60,90) days. so if the status field wont change to complete, based on the Issue Date field email rmeinder should send to users based on 30,60 and 90 days until they change the status to complete.

issue date.PNG

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

I would tackle this using a Query List action.  You can also set filters based on your assigned dates you need.  So you would create three separate calculate dates and assign to a variable.  The Query list action would you to collect the information from the form you need.  From there you would use a collection operation to pull in the data you need and then kick out an email with all the information you need. For example set a run parallel actions that collects your date variables.  Under each of those you will run a Query list using the date variable as a filter.  You will then pull the data fields you need and place those into Collection Variables.  Then run a for each control to loop through all of the forms that met your date criteria.  Perform another run parallel action to collect the data from the collection variables.  This part you will use a Collection Operation.  Each collection operation will need to be assigned to a variable type.  From here, you can generate an email that sends a notification to whomever needs to notified.  You can then set this as a site workflow and have it set to run daily or whatever time frame you need.  

This is a really good article I used when I built out my workflow.  He has all the screenshots that I didn't use  https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Queries-and-Collections-and-Loops-Oh-My/ba-p/82404.

I use this method to do all kinds of alerts for all kinds of forms.  

0 Kudos