cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Sending e-mail after updating a list (++)

Hey There guys! So, this is the first time i'm using this program so sorry for any inconvenience.

Right now i'm the "learning-on-the-fly" guy so what I need is quite simple but requires a little of urgency.

So I used to do this in the SPD but my company policy now only allows Nintex, so Lets learn it!

My teammate have a list that she uses to create some kind of "internal ticket list" of some sort. So, in order to warn the guy she want to adress the "ticket", she creates a "new ticket" in the list and insert his e-mail on a field inside the list.

What I want to do is: When the ticket is done creating, send an e-mail to this adress inside this field in the list (Inception?) with something like "hey dude! i have an ticket for you" (of course more polite but way less fun).

I got the manual but there is nothing specific for this kind of help, and trying to search "send e-mail list" in the foruns didn't help ether so sorry for double posts (I know some people hate it)

Oh, one last thing, maybe there is a guide out there but I didn't found out... But can someone create a "Simple and easy things / tricks in Nintex" with this kind of answers? That would be awesome, things small and simple compiled in one work that can and will help people like me, who only need this powerfull workhouse for small things

Thanks for your help and sorry for any english problems up there!

Kind Regards,

Fernando

PS: If it's hard to understand, I can try post some photos with pink arrows and MS Paint awesomeness

Labels: (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Sending e-mail after updating a list (++)

I think you can set a workflow variable, getting the information with the action named "Query list", then you could use that variable on the action named "Send Notification".

Not applicable

Hi Fernando,

You just need to create a workflow with "Send email" action. And in Nintex workflow setitings set the workflow to start after creating an item. Then workflow will start after your teammate will add new ticket and in "Send email" action you can use that list item columns values to build a notification text.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

First, let me make you feel more confident. Creating Nintex workflows are much easier and more intuitive than SharePoint. Trust me. I tried them in Nintex, then tried in SharePoint and was lost in SharePoint. It wasn't as user-friendly.

In the 'Workflow Settings' make the workflow run when an item is created. Yes, you should just be able to do a 'Send notification' action. Create a workflow variable setting it to the field that has the email address.

Not applicable

The good news- Nintex can do this very easily.

As indicated by Donatas (I hope I got your first name!) and burksim above, you can start a workflow on item creation, and use a Notification action.

One thing to watch for, you will very likely find you want to capture some information at the time of submission and save it by writing additional property values on the list item. You may then want to include that information in the notification.

if so, you can run into timing problems. Use a "Wait for Update" or "Pause" action before the notification to give the WF time to complete the writes to the item before the notification needs to read those new values.

Just one of those wrinkles that can cause you heartburn in the early days...

Have fun ;-)

Colin

Not applicable

Colin Evans​, is that heartburn? :-) Thanks for offering comfort as well as guidance!

0 Kudos