cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Send of attachment of a list towards a library Nintex Workflow

Hello,

I wish to transfer an attachment of an element of a list personalized towards a library of document.

To be made, I get back the url of the attachment with call a WebService (getAttachmentCollection).

image_wk.png

I obtain this url : [website]/Lists/Krono dfaut/Attachments/42/Document.docx

When I enter this url a Web browser, I can open this document on the computer.

The problem is the following one, I find no solution to create a new document from this url Under NINTEX Workflow 2013.

Do you know how to solve the problem or do know you another solution to transfer an attachment?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mlauer
Nintex Newbie

Re: Send of attachment of a list towards a library Nintex Workflow

Hi Jason

see collect task attachments in list item and show all attachments in next task

It will give You the hints.

Kind regards

Manfred

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Have you tried using the Copy To SharePoint action?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yes, I've used this action, you must have the same columns but its not match the specifications.

I found another solution, you must send the attachment via email through the action notification.

There is a parameter in SharePoint which allows you to receive incoming mail in a library.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

sending each task attachment to a library as soon as the task is saved, is only half the way I have to go.

I also need to transfer some metadata of the task together with the attachment. This metadata is partly mandatory and partly optional for a task. It shows the context, in which the attachment was generated and used - a kind of footprint, making the file a part of certain views on the library. Library and task list already use the same site columns. But who would keep track of the metadata, if the workflow doesn't do it at each upload?

Finally I need to replace the former attachment in the task by a link to the library, because the attached file should not exist in two versions in different places.

Why don't I force users then to upload to the library directly and link that file to the task? Because this means more clicks for users, which is not welcome at all. So the idea is, to let people use the simple attachment procedure and to handle the file professionally by a workflow afterwards. It is a measure to let people focus on tasks instead of files as objects of their work.

This workflow of course needs some iteration in case a file of the same name already exists in the library. Two checkboxes are needed:

a) shall the file in the library be replaced by your uploaded file version?

b) shall the metadata of your task replace the ones of the existing file in the library?

Each question with the three options: Yes / No / Go and check it (=link to library)

Who can help me develop this workflow?

0 Kudos