cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Send notification for each list item record found with specific (dynamic) info from the list?

Thank you in advance for any relpies.

I'm not sure if I have a permissions issue (locked out?) or I am not fully understanding how to perform the following:

Just trying to create a very basic training request workflow where 1. User submits a list item (training request) with their info (name, manager, date training requested, etc.) 2. I want to send out an automatic notification to them and their managers to notify them to schedule training. Obviously a manager has multiple employees, so I need to make that notification with specific information about the request.

I am able to detect the initial condition state (set to 'initial training request' radio button in the list), I am able to send the notification, but I can't figure out how to scrape the values off of the list item (name, manager, etc.). I think it's Insert Reference - Dynamic Text, but when I go there, the only options available to me are Common, and Inline Functions.

I'm not sure if I'm blocked by a permission, in the wrong place, or in the right place but need to build something out to access the values in the list item/record.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm wasting a ton of time manually doing this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Send notification for each list item record found with specific (dynamic) info from the list?

In your task notification it is supposed to be Insert Reference. There it should be under Item Properties. If you aren't seeing that, I don't know why. But normally that tab appears with the fields from your form.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Send notification for each list item record found with specific (dynamic) info from the list?

OK interesting. I found that I was using a Site Workflow which may not have been correct. If I create a Reusable Workflow Template, when coding a Send Notification, Insert Reference now has Item Properties available. Although the properties available are only Content Type, Created, Created By, ID, Modified, Modified By, and Title. Seems like system/general properties only. I still can't drill into my list item record.

So:

1. Should I be using Reusable Workflow Template?

2. Suggestions for finding my list item properties?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

You shouldn't need to use a reusable workflow template. I've never used that. If you just create a workflow based off of your list/library, you will find the item properties you are looking for. If you are having problems finding your item properties in the site workflow, you can always query your list and store the values in workflow variables and use them that way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

OK I understand.

And now I'm afraid now that I've found our company document outlining disabled Allowed Actions, specifically Libraries and Lists Query List.

Did I just find my roadblock as to why I can't drill into the values of the list item?

Their rationale is that SPQuery and SPSiteDataQuery can have significant impact on a managed service (especially if querying a list greater than 2000 items).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Well you can put a limit on how many records that are returned when querying lists.