Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
youlearn
Nintex Newbie

Send emails where users are sorted in a list

Jump to solution

Hello 

I am trying to send notifications using a query list. Query list action item looks in to an SharePoint Approval List, filter a column based on a value and assign the filtered result to a variable like in the image QL1 in the attachment.  I am sending notifications using Send Notification action item like in the image QL2 in the attachment. Work flow looks like QL3 in attachment and Approval List is QL4 in the attachment.

This works fine as long there is one item for each User Role(list column in QL4). If there are multiple items for each role then work flow sends only one email instead of sending it to all the emails which has that role. Can you please help me with this issue.

So I want to achieve sending emails to address sorted in a SharePoint list using a query list actions item or any other workflow action item.

QL2.PNGQL2QL1.PNGQL1QL4.PNGQL4QL3.PNGQL3

Thank you.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
chaddavis
Nintex Newbie

Re: Send emails where users are sorted in a list

Jump to solution

What kind of variable is varUSCARapprover? 

If it's a single line of text, it will only store the last item queried.

Since there could be multiple items returned, you will need to use a collection variable.

You'll have to test to see if that's all you'll need. I don't recall if you can just place a collection variable value into the To field of a Send Notification action. You may have to loop through the collection variable to build a string of email addresses to send to.

0 Kudos
youlearn
Nintex Newbie

Re: Send emails where users are sorted in a list

Jump to solution
Thank you. using a collection variable solved it.
0 Kudos