FBA Mobile Access

Badge +2

Hi all

Just enabled the FBA access option  in CA ->  Nintex Forms Management -> Manage FBA Mobile Access.

• Trying to browse the URL <SiteUrl>/_vti_bin/NintexMobile/FBA/ where <siteURL> from outside the firewall will bring up a 404. Browsing other URLS will bring up  the FBA sign in page.
  • Trying to browse the URL <SiteUrl>/_vti_bin/NintexMobile/FBA/ where <siteURL> has been will bring up a 403 forbidden access - is this the expected behaviour?

The site is a host named site Collection in a web application with 2 authentication providers - default and extranet. The default zone is configured to use FBA and Windows authentication. The extranet zone is confugired to use Windows authentication only. The URL  <SiteUrl>/_vti_bin/NintexMobile/FBA/ is located in the Default zone when listed with GetSPSiteURL

Any comments??

Regards, Steen

4 replies

Badge +16

‌ did you ever raise this with support and get an answer?

Badge +2

Hi Cassy

No I didn't but I'm still interested in getting an answer - both with regard to Nintex Mobile and FBA but also when it comes to Nintex Mobile and ADFS.

Best regards, Steen

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Never did that on my own but in general Nintex Mobile supports FBA, but only if the environment is FBA-only. So would that be an option to test for you?

Nintex Mobile introduces Profiles, and adds Forms Based Authentication support 

ADFS is another story though. We really wait for this feature too. So I'd appreciate if you could vote the issue on user voice:

I would like to see the Nintex App support ADFS authentication – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +2

Hi Enrico

As we're able to extend the web application supporting both FBA and AD authentication to a web application which only supports FBA authentication what shouldn't be a hindrance - or what do you think?

With respect to ADFS the release notes for Nintex Mobil App v.4.0 states that ADFS is a supported option..

Release Date: 20th April 2016

Features (Android & iOS Only)

Support for Forms Based Authentication (FBA):

Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)

NT LAN Manager (NTLM)

https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1167

Best regards, Steen