cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Send all items of a list via email?

Hi all,

I am using sharepoint 2013 with nintex and I want to send all items of a list in a single message. Is that possible? It also would be great if the content of the message is stored back into sharepoint!

Thanks in advance,

Ulrich

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Send all items of a list via email?

@ulrichbi .....It's possible, but how many items are there? May I know the reason for sending list items via email? And why you want the content of the message to be stored back in SharePoint again? Could you please explain your requirement?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Kunalpatel, we have to send a list of file-paths to the IT-department. So it's - most of the time - between 20 and 100 items. Then we want to protocoll what was sent to them afterwards. Hope this helps and cheers, Ulrich

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

@ulrichbi .....in that case try below approach and let me know if it worked for you or not.

1. Create a column called Data Captured --> Yes/No column type with default No
  2. Using QL, get collections of each and every columns you want (including ID column) and filiter this query where Data Captured is No and sort it by ID column
  3. Using ID collection and for loop (get the index value also):
    1. Add Run Parallel action, create branch for each collections
    2. Using Collection Operation and Index value ---> Get the value of each collection for the current index
    3. Using build string create CSV format data
  4. Once For Loop is over, use another build string, add column headers to the CSV chunk
  5. Now you have 2 choices on how to use this CSV chunk with header
    1. Send email --> Click Add attachment ---> Select the workflow variable where you have stored the CSV chunk
    2. Using Web Request action --> Save it in a document library. If you're doing this then you need to create the filename variable so that it won't overwrite the previously saved CSV file
  6. Now again use the For loop with ID collection (no need to get the index in this loop)
    1. Using update Item or Set field action ---> change Data Captured value to Yes.
    2. This is to make sure you don't send duplicate items
0 Kudos