cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Send Notification to new people

I have a requirement to send a notification to newly added people in several different people picker fields. Heres an example:

The Assignee fills out the form and enters as many stakeholders as they may know who would participate with this form. there is a different stakeholder field for each departmental stakeholder. these are people picker fields.

When the assignee submits the form it goes to the known stakeholders.

Now, lets say a new stakeholder needs added, then the assignee will go in and add however many additional stakeholders per department.

there should be a notification that goes out to the newly added stakeholders.

I read this https://community.nintex.com/message/60242-email-notification-to-newly-added-people and it doesn't seem to apply to my scenario as I have several people picker fields where this one discusses one.

Any thoughts as to how I an get notifications to be sent to just the newly added stakeholders?

Labels: (1)
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Send Notification to new people

I think that you should show (when EditionMode NOT New) currently stakeholders on a disabled control, then aside show another people picker ( that you never show on NEW MODE) named addStakeHolder.

Then a workflow will start on item change and send notification to addStakeHolder.

Additionally you should update the original column StakeHolder=StakeHolder+addStakeHolder.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

that could work. What if there are more than one stakeholders per department. i.e. needing multiple people in the people picker?

im asking the business unit if that is a requirement. if not, then this solution may work.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

For multiple people you can set Multiple selections=Yes , for more info about this control >>>People control 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Great, please mark it as answered

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I should have been clear, my fault. I am using Nintex workflows for SharePoint 2010 and InfoPath 2010 for the forms.

Any thoughts on that?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I am guessing I would have to run a separate workflow off of each people picker field to achieve the results I want.  I was trying to avoid that situation.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply