cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selected "option button" stored as ID, not as text?

Jump to solution

Hi Folks,

I have an application (my very first one created with Nintex) where depending on the combined document "Status" and the "Grief Type" the user will see different "Action" choices offered as option buttons.  The user selected option is stored in NextAction and will trigger a specific action in the workflow ...

Te selected option is stored with its ID, not with the displayed  "Action" text.  This requires me to use a bunch of "Or" statements to "Set a condition" for either ID's 14, 16, 18 (and many more) instead of using a select statement NextAction = "Other Responsible Party selected ....".

Although the workflow works fine I'm trying to avoid the pain for anyone who may have to change the workflow later on ..

Thanks for your help.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Selected "option button" stored as ID, not as text?

Jump to solution

you can use lookup capability of set variable action and get 'Action' text related to an ID and store it in workflow variable.

then you can base your condition on that text variable

however, I would be very careful with text based conditions (especially if it's a text displayed to end users).

soon or later you will have to deal with requirements to update/change the text and that will mean you have to update your workflow with every such a change.

it's better to use ID which you will hardly change, or create kind of LOGICAL_KEY column that will be more descriptive like ID but which you will as well keep constant.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Selected "option button" stored as ID, not as text?

Jump to solution

Thanks Marian, I think I'll stay with the ID then ..

0 Kudos