Deploy Error

• 16 December 2014
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Please i need help with this error

Error    1    Task Error: System.Exception: Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly. - System.Exception: Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly.
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.Execute()

7 replies

Badge +2

I created a deploy package and when i'm trying to deploy it i got this error

1 Error(s)
(InformationRequest) Task Error: System.Exception: Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly. - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:UserssmorsyDesktopDebugDeploymentBinobjDebugDeploymentCSWebsiteClientprecompile'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.Deployment.FormsGenerationClientEvent.Shared.GetWebDeploymentProductAddons(String projectFilePath)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.Execute()

Badge +2

Hi,

Have you successfully deployed other packages previous to this - meaning that it is just this package producing an error. Or are you also getting errors with other packages?

Badge +7

Hi Sameh_Saeed,

I don't know more of the details but another customer received this same error and resolved it by commenting out the offending calls from the Microsoft.WebDeployment.targets. If you do this, it's possible you'll face an issue with the action of a task. An engineer suggested that if this happens, make sure to add the App Pool account to the Server Rights or directly to the process rights.

Good luck!

Badge +2

Hi alyssa_v,

the app_pool user already have an administration permission on the server. any other suggestion please

Badge +3

Just Guessing.

I found System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:UserssmorsyDesktopDebugDeploymentBinobj​DebugDeploymentCSWebsiteClientprecompile'.

maybe the problem the deployment can not go to that path.

i'm not sure, but i think you deploy using another user account, not from the server's user account.

Please make sure to deploy using the server's user or please make sure the path can be accessed from another user

it's just a guess.

:D

Badge +2

In regards to the above suggestion - it would be a good idea to check that you are using the correct account. You need to be using the K2 Service account. Further you need the service account to have the correct permissions.

Please review this documentation - and check your permissions are set up correctly (if they aren't you may run into other problems apart from simply this issue):

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/icg/current/webframe.html#before_serviceaccounts.html

Badge +2

Thanks Every body for your help, but i want to say that I got this error on the demo VM Machine which provided and configured by K2 it self, and this is the user which i use it for my deployment (denallix.comAdministrator)

so any other suggestions please...