Workflow stuck on Flexi Task in Parallel Action

• 5 November 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

I have a parallel action, which has two flexi tasks in it.

I want to be able to tell that workflow that: if Flexi Task '1' is not actioned but Flexi Task '2' is actioned, then the workflow should complete.

Conversely, if Flexi Task '1' is actioned but Flexi Task '2' is not actioned, the workflow should NOT completed.

In summary, Flexi Task '2' is mandatory for the workflow to complete but Flexi Task '1' is not.

Any idea how I do this?

I attach my current workflow for anybody to have a look at.

Thanks!

4 replies

Badge +7

Is there any action after the end of parallel branch ?

Badge +5

You should be able to create a third branch to the parallel action.  Create a loop.  Inside the loop, query the workflow task list, filtering on the Related content field and the task name associated with Flexi Task 2.  If Flexi Task 2 is complete, Query and get the Task ID for Flexi Task 1 and use the action Complete workflow task to create whichever desired outcome you would like.  Then stop the loop.

Badge +7

Maybe a solution  :

1 - I think there is an option in "branch" block to set a variable (at least in 365, this is called "Completion condition") , allowing to exit one branch if set to true

2 - Put a "set variable" action under the Flexi n°2 to set this variable to TRUE

So in case the flexi 2 is complete, the variable is set to true and you exit the parallel branches....

Badge +5

Thanks Thomas, that seems to have done the trick