cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Scheduled Nintex Workflows that don't run once a day as the scheduler sets.

Our client has two scheduled Nintex Workflows that don't run once a day as the scheduler sets. Instead, they get called every 5 minutes. After some research, I found this document that just might be the solution. https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1254  Before applying the fixes as the document describe, I want to make sure the uninstall and install timerjob processes will NOT affect any other running workflows or whatsoever that are serviced by the timerjob. Can someone give me the confirmation that this will be the case?  Thanks.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
thomas_xu
Nintex Newbie

Re: Scheduled Nintex Workflows that don't run once a day as the scheduler sets.

Hi Ritchie.

I have experienced a similar issue where my scheduled Nintex Site worklfow  don't run at all. In my case I followed the same documentation you found above but only had to install the timer job (for some reason the timer job was not installed at all). After that issue was resolved!

However your issue is a bit different from mine. I think uninstalling a timer job will affect other scheduled Nintex Site workflows in the same SharePoint farm.

Before you uninstall and reinstall the timer job, may I suggest:

1. You try it out in a DEV/Staging environment where the same issue also occurs

2. Verify that re-installing the timer job fixes your issue otherwise no point applying the change in a PROD environment

3. Check if it impacts any other scheduled site workflows in the same DEV/Staging environment

4. if step 3 above confirms that other scheduled site workflows will be impacted then plan your change with other affected users before applying it PROD environment

Hope this helps.