Action not found in k2 workspace

• 4 August 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We've got a workflow w/ a lot of cycles, where one level of approval can reject something and it bounces back to the prior approver for revision.  This particular workflow has 6 levels of possible approval, but most of the time we'll only have 2.  The cut off is based on the amt of a transaction, so we've got a series of workflow level variables:

approver1Name

approver1Amt

approver2Name

approver2Amt.

At each level there's a possible Approver or Reject action.  The rules on each of these levels is the same:

If ActionResult = Approve and approverXAmt >= transAmt then go to final

if ActionResult =  Approve and approverXAmt < transAmt then go to next level

if ActionResult = Reject then go to previous level.

For some odd reason we're seeing that the k2 workspace shows level 2 approver their actions, but when approve is selected, it rejects w/ a message that 'Action Approve not found'.  Do I need to have custom code to clear out the ActionResult prior to the client activity running?  I found this thread:

It seems that my rules and outcomes are all correct, but I'm clearly missing something.

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/18716.aspx

Which seems to indicate something similar, but I don't think it applies to me here...

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 reply

Badge +1
Doh!  So on my 2nd activity I had defined two actions 'Approve ' and 'Reject'.  In the k2 workspace, it was trimming the Approve action name before submitting, so it failed.  Once I removed the unnecessary trailing space, it works fine.