cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SQL Request vs External Data Column in Nintex Forms 2013

Hi,

I am currently building a solution for my customer, then a strange thing happened, after i reinstall my VM, i couldn't find SQL Request control in Nintex Forms 2013.

Did I missed something? I already checked my license type, i have installed an enterprise demo license.

And another thing, if i want to get data from an SQL table which one is more approprite? SQL Request or External Data Column?

kindly advise.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
fccrous
Nintex Newbie

Re: SQL Request vs External Data Column in Nintex Forms 2013

Hi Willy,

Can you confirm that your license is still valid by going to central admin and look at the licensing under Nintex Workflow?  I'm not sure why the SQL request would be gone other than that.  You can probably also try to deactivate and reactivate the Nintex Worflow feature on a test site to see if that brings it back for you.

I use the SQL request for all my SQL queries and I think that is the right way to do it.  I also created Global variables for all my SQL server connections which makes it easier to manage the connection strings for future use.

Not applicable

Hi Francois,

my licenses are still valid up to May 2016, both Nintex Workflow & Nintex Forms.

does this has something related to Nintex Workflow settings?

i couldn't find any settings for Nintex Forms regarding the user controls.

kindly advise.

fccrous
Nintex Newbie

Hi Willy,

You can double-check the allowed actions.  In central admin, open nintex workflow, Manage Allowed actions

and make sure that the Execute SQL has been ticked.

Not applicable

Hi Francois,

did the checking, and the allowed actions were all checked.

any other idea where to check?

i tried to retract-remove and reinstall the nintex forms, but still i couldn't find the sql request in the forms control.

0 Kudos
fccrous
Nintex Newbie

Hi Willy,

I'm not sure what else to check.  If you sure that the Enterprise features were enabled then and its still not showing I would suggest you log a support ticket with nintex. The support team is usually very fast and helpful.

I hope you get this resolved soon.

0 Kudos