Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
harryr
Nintex Newbie

SQL Request value validation

Hi

I hope someone can help me with a challenge.

I have two fields:

Customer New (text field)

Customer Existing: SQL Request

The SQL request works well. It also uses a custom text for the default value which is "Select a value..."

I would like to performa a validation against the SQL field that basically says:

IF Customer Exising = "Select a value" AND Customer New = "{blank/null/empty}" THEN INAVLID.

Either exisitng customer or lead customer must contain a value. The problem so far has been finding the value in thesql requets field the validation rules I have tried so far don't work.

Appreciate any help on this.

Platform: SharePoint Enterprise 2013 On-Prem

Labels: (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
chaddavis
Nintex Newbie

Re: SQL Request value validation

Have you tried just saying not(Customer Existing)? Or Customer Existing == ""?

Since it's a selection field (even though it's populated by SQL), I believe the 'Select a Value' is only the displayed text and not the actual value that's used to test against.

0 Kudos
harryr
Nintex Newbie

Thanks chaddavis

the vallues in the sql boxes do not appear to be coming through as strings and when I try to query the value, it alwas comes back as blank so I can't get a rule to do anything with it. I gave up on this.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
chaddavis
Nintex Newbie

I'm sorry I wasn't able to help more. 

If you would like to continue looking into it, I would suggest posting some print screens of the form, its fields, and even your rules. It wouldn't hurt to even do an Inspect in the browser on the selection field to see what's being populated as the value vs text of each option.

0 Kudos