Nintex Form size limit

• 21 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

Like Nintex workflow recommended size limit, i would like to know what should be the size limit of a nintex form for best performance.

I would like to add around 500 controls to a nintex form and i am not sure what would be the impact of developing such form.

The form will have panels, checkboxes, text boxes which will be shown and hidden based on conditions.

Looking for suggestions if i can start with developing the form with 500 controls using Nintex form.

Thanks & Regards,

Usha

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Usha,

I'm not sure if there is a hard control limit but I don't think 500 controls is a good idea because there is not only a forms limitation to respect:

• by default having a lot lookup alike columns (lookup, user fields, taxonomy) will decrease performance as a lot of data is to be queried. For this reason the default maximum of allowed lookup alike column threshold is 8 but it can be changed
  • rendering 500 controls is more a task for your browser but for Forms so depending on the performance of the devices opening a form of this size can impact user performance
  • Having a person to fill out more than 50+ form controls is a very intense task and from user experience not very "exciting". Filling out smaller forms is bringing better results and the user can have it's "success" and not a "relief" after filling out a form. So - if possible by any chance - think about having more smaller forms than one huge form.
  • although you are going to use rules and validation to decrease visible fields for the user, managing and designing a form of this size is a pain for the form designer. He needs to be aware of all form rules and what will be shown to whom which is a very intense task and quickly leads to errors in rule design and logic that are hard to troubleshoot.

There is also some good advice in this posts that might help you:

Nintex Forms Recommendations & Tips from the Field | Pythagoras 

I don't say you can't do it. If it's a request you should go for it and see how to serve the request. I only want to make sure you are thinking about the impact on day-to-day-business.

Let me know what you think about all this.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +6

Thank you Enrico for your thoughts on this. 

Badge +11

Hi Enrico

The link supplied does not go to the tips. 

I'm also investigating creating a very large form. I'm wondering what the actual control limit for a o365 eform is. 

Thanks

Joanne