Using SQLUM and Active Directory Simultaneously in K2

• 17 October 2011
  • 5 replies

Badge +11

Hi

I have the following scenario where a customer -Non AD user- submits a request, the Employee -AD user - reviews it and sends it back to the customer in order to update him about his request weather he wants to continue and bring missing documents or not.

All the Customers are Non AD users -and there for the should be put in SQLUM-.

All Employees are AD Users.

Can K2 BlackPearl 4.5 handle simultaneous existence of AD and SQLUM users -Both Type of users can View their workspace and take actions on process instances-.

5 replies

Badge +11

I have Read about the MUM and i quote

" Multi-User Manager (MUM), which is a hybrid of the SQL UM and AD, allowing you to reference users from both sources should the need arise. This is an add-on for K2.Net 2003, and is apparently incorporated in BlackPearl."
 see link http://forum.k2workflow.com/forums/t/5083.aspx

is this still valid for k2 BlackPearl 4.5 V1290 and later

Badge +10

Hi,

I haven't used it like that in the newer releases but I configured the SQLUM and a custom provider for a client on KB1190. I assume it will work the same for AD and SQLUM. I think you need to test it in a DEV environment but I think it might work.

Regards,

Badge +11

What about the MUM -multiple user management-

Badge +10

There is no longer a concept of MUM which was an installer and an extra component on K2.net 2003.

K2 blackpearl supports multiple user managers and is a MUM implementation already.

Simply register more than one user manager and K2 blackpearl will allow all of these user managers to work concurrently.

I hope this answers your question.

Badge +11

This is what i was looking for :-)

Thank YOU your Highness