Nintex forms with attachments - workflow email fails on documents over 1.2MB

• 14 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

I have a very strange thing happening. I have an expense claim form which has an attachment control. Users have reported that some of the forms are not going to their manager for approval - the manager fails to receive a workflow email. (Upon form submission the initiator receives an acknowledgement email and then the workflow triggers an approval request to their manager).

After doing some testing it seems that if the form has an attachment that is approximately 1.2MB or bigger, the workflow email message fails to send. The Web app setting for max upload document size is 300MB. The form works perfectly well if the attachments are 1.1MB or under.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

2 replies

Badge +3

I think attachments with a size of about 1.2 MB shouldn't cause the problem. Could you please provide some screenshots of your workflow?

Badge +4

I don't believe it's the workflow Axel - it's very basic. Here's a screenshot:

workflow

I have confirmed that smaller attachments get sent fine. Also, in the workflow if I uncheck the option to 'include list attachments', then the workflow email sends OK. (This is at the step "Request approval from Authorising Officer").

I have found the following link which I think may be relevant: Incoming E-Mails with Attachments Failed - "Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size" - SharePoint Diary 

However, I haven't had any success finding these SMTP Server settings on our server.

As a workaround, I have removed the 'include list attachments' as mentioned above.