Package and Deployment Tool - Source.Deployment.Runtime.DeploymentServer not hosted! error

• 12 January 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

We have upgraded to version 4.6.11 (from 4.6.9) and the Package and Deployment tool has stop working. Everything else appears to be fine (SmartForms and so on). The error windows show more detail :

System.Exception: 1058 SourceCode.Deployment.Runtime.DeploymentServer not hosted!
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object[] Parameters, Boolean[] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object[] Parameters, Boolean[] NullList, MarshalMessageType CallType)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPI.RemoteSessionCall(String TypeName, String MethodName, Object[] Parameters)
at SourceCode.Deployment.Management.PackageDeploymentManager.ValidateUserRights()
at SourceCode.Management.SnapIns.K2Management.K2ServerFarm.CreatePackage()

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the tool using Setup, same error appears. Running the tool on my PC or the server produces the same error. What is odd is the tool is not working in our development environment but it works in the production environment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies

Badge +12

Hello,

By any chance, have you recieved and applied the P&D rollup coldfix when you were still on 4.6.9? This bullet on the 4.6.11 release notes may apply to you:

• Upgrades: If you had the 4.6.9 Package and Deployment rollup coldfix installed and have not upgraded to 4.6.10, you will need to use 4.6.11.1 to upgrade your environments.

May I check if you are currently on this updated version?

Here's the link for your reference: http://help.k2.com/kb001735

Badge +1

Thank you for the help.

I did install 4.6.11.1 with no success. To make a long story short - I uninstalled my deployment environment - Blackpearl and Web servers, reinstalled using the same database as before (in order to keep all of my development work) , I still get the same error ??!! Could it be a database configuation ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

I have seen this error a couple times. It's usually a result of DLL files not getting install/gac correctly. You mentioned that P&D is working on Production. Is it the same 4.6.11 version on production? I would suggest some Powershell to check which SourceCode assemblies are in the gac. Perhaps, you can run the powershell script below and compare between working/non-working environment. 

Get-ChildItem -Path C:Windowsassembly -Recurse -Filter SourceCode*.* |`
foreach{
$Item = $_
$Type = $_.Extension
$Path = $_.FullName
$Folder = $_.PSIsContainer
$Age = $_.CreationTime

$Path | Select-Object `
@{n="Name";e={$Item}},`
@{n="Created";e={$Age}},`
@{n="filePath";e={$Path}},`
@{n="Extension";e={if($Folder){"Folder"}else{$Type}}}`
}| Export-Csv C:AssemblyResults.csv -NoTypeInformation
Badge +1

Thanks for the help

The 4.6.9 version of the SourceCode.Deployment.Runtime.dll was GAC'd in the .NET4 GAC (C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETassemblyGAC_MSIL), and was there after the upgrade as well. The service, when started, was loading the GAC'd version of the assembly rather than the correct one in the K2 blackpearlHost ServerHostedServers folder. After removing this item from the .NET4 GAC and restarting the K2 service, we were able to successfully use the package and deployment tool.

issue resolved - also thanks to K2 tech support