Validation Issues

• 5 October 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Hello all,

I'm trying to run validation on my Nintex 2013 From.  I have it checking dates to make sure Start Dates are not after End Dates and vise versa. But the validation is not happening until the user clicks the button to submit.  How can I get it where when the user clicks off a field that it runs the validation vs waiting till they click the submit or next page button?

Thank you.

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi Kevin,

That is correct, the Validation rules only apply on submission of the form.There will be ways to do this in javascript, but if you want to avoid that, you could set up a hide Formatting rule with the below formula. Add a label to your form, near your date entries, with the relevant reminder about Start dates preceeding End Dates and apply the rule to the label.

greaterThan(EndDate,StartDate))

When the Start date is before the End date, the error label will show. Note that this will not stop the user from continuing to process, so you will still need your existing validation rule to stop them.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +8

Hi Mark,

That is what I'm trying to accomplish is that when they hit the next button and there are validation issue that it wont let them proceed forward till they are fixed.  I got the validation rule to work where it will throw it but only when they click next or submit, but the form still moves forward to the next step on the next buttons.

Badge +6

Kevin,

You will need to supply more information about your form setup, as it appears there is something that we are missing. When you talk about the "Next" button, what is this actually doing? Are you controlling panel switching using a next button? As I indicated the Validation Rules only apply on submit or apparently in your case "Next".

Regards,

Mark