Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jasondurr
Nintex Newbie

Run If on O365

Jump to solution

My on premises instance uses a Run If to determine if a filed Is Empty. The field type is a Lookup. On O365 when I try to configure a similar scenario, I only get Equal/Not Equal as an option to validate. If there is no way to do an Is Empty validation, what can I use to determine if the field is empty. I tried using an empty string i.e. "" but that failed.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Run If on O365

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,  What you are seeing is standard O365 SharePoint functionality.  If you choose a Text field in the Run If action you will get a lot more options including "is Empty".  Doing the same thing in SharePoint designer will give you the same result.  In SPD if you choose "If value equals value" and then select your lookup column you will be presented with only two options when clicking on the equals the same as the Run If action.  If you choose a text column you will have a lot more choices for the operator.  As you have already advised, this functionality is available for on-premise.

0 Kudos
patrick_hosch
Nintex Newbie

Re: Run If on O365

Jump to solution

As a little work around, you can set a variable to the value of the lookup field value. Then use the variable in the Run If action, which will allow you to compare to "is empty"

0 Kudos