cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Run If - basic parameters

Jump to solution

Workflow History could be find in contextual item menu (the one tied to the title column), otherwise you should find a button in the ribbon while you go to the display form (maybe also in edit form).

pete
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

nope - still at a loss - i have never seen what you mention. Could it be that i am in sharepoint 2010?

This is as far as i can get:

which gives me:

non of which does anything at all......

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

go to your list that the workflow is running on.  select the drop down menu on the item you are running the workflow on - like this:

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi Pete, you are looking at workflow history for Site Workflows while this is a list workflow for what I've understood, that's why you don't see anything there..

You have to go here:  (contextual item menu, tied to Title column)

or here: 

pete
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

ooh this is getting on my wick!!.....

trouble is i am trying to work thru 2 different problems.

Gio - this list doesn't have any option to select a pull down with the workflow on it. The only "hyperlink" style column (Blue underline) is the "person creating the form" column (which is a name & doesn't have a workflow history sub menu). I am going to assume that this is a list setting issue & that i need to change a setting in the list to enable me to do what you describe?

Cassy - the separate thread that you have been helping me on - that works (viewing workflow history) but as yet non of the other stuff we have spoke about is working.

hope this helps clarify!?

BTW - you guys are legends for being so patient with me!

You may need to be patient for a little while longer yet! In my defence this really is day5 for me.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Contextual menu is available only near Title column, so if you have hidden that column from your view, you're not able to see it..otherwise you can get it using the second solution I've provided, by selecting an item and going to "View Item" in Items Tab in the ribbon, it should open a dialog similar to the one in my picture.

pete
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I basically added all of the hidden columns & found one that does it!

Thank gawd for that!

Anyhoo - back to the original question - my managers side didnt get an email:

Tho my history says that it should've been completed OK. It seems to see that the value exceeds £8000 & has made it green but non the less it has not sent the email requesting auth.

All of the lower section (not shown) works fine. 

I have re-checked the email address etc & have republished the workflow. I then re-ran the job with a value exceeding £8000 but it still didnt send an email to the managers requesting authorisation.

Are we certain that the workflow is laid out correctly?

I presume that the workflow history omits the fine detail that is executed after the decision is made over value?

I am totally at a loss (easy for me to do that!) as to what it is i am doing wrong here

Have you any tips on exactly what it is i need to double check or change in order to get this to work?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

If you want, you can expand the Run if box (you can click on the small button in top right corner, so you can see if it has executed the action inside the run if (it's green because it has been evaluated, but it doesn't tell us if it evalutes true or false.. you can get it by looking internal action, if they're green, they've been executed otherwise the condition evaluates to false - and then you have to look how condition is set up)

pete
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hmmm. Its evaluated it OK & then it has stopped. Could this be something to do with the value? (IE Over £8000)

as i mentioned at the start - i have a column that i have set up so that i can have a threshold i can edit later if need be:

Is it a format issue? IE looking for a number when it is text or something on those lines? I am at a loss at the moment with this particular problem

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Could you try to add a Log to history list action before the Run If and there you can log the value of "Approx PGM Cost" column and "PGM Value of £8000" so you can check that the values are correct? Are both number columns or they have different data types?