IPC process type issue

• 4 May 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

Is there any constraint for IPC process type in K2 Blackpoint by design?

For example: I'd like to create a workflow where there are more then one voting sub process. The voting process is a little bit complex so I want to separate this in an IPC process. I did this and create an IPC. I have to use Sharepoint Client events so I chose Sharepoint integration type. When I test the process with simple processes (in main process there is 3 event: Client event-IPC-Item create; IPC process there is two event: Client event-Item create) I get error in IPC. It said that there is a problem with Guid generation (Guid must be xxxx-xxx...). So I delete the Client event and  there is only Item create event in the IPC process. (process type remain in SharePoint Integration...) I deployed and Start another instance. It went in the IPC process but there is an error in the Process management site in the IPC process. So I want to view the error log, but there was no error message for this in error log screen (but the main summary screen was show the process in error group).

Someone has any experience or idea for this???

Thanks for any reply...

1 reply

Badge +4

I found that in documentation: 

"...Starting a SharePoint Workflow Integration process with an IPC Event is not supported in K2 blackpoint.  A SharePoint Workflow Integration process can only be stated using SharePoint..."

That's sucks... :(