Package & Deployment Missing Service Object

Badge +5

Hello Community,

I tried to Deploy a Package on my Test-Environment.

When I want assign my SMO's to the Service Objects I get an empty Mask like in the Screenshot.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Best Regards

Alex

15918i81CD281641B535C5.jpg

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Do the service objects that your SMO is bound to already exist in the TEST environment? How were they created? They need to have the same GUID as their counterparts in DEV. I recommend creating a package from DEV that only contains the service objects and use that to get them created in TEST, that way you can be sure they are identical. Then create and deploy the full package of your application.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Are you trying to map to a SharePoint 2013 service instance? If that’s the case, then the K2 for SharePoint must be registered on target environment.

Badge +9

Hi ,

Check whether the GUID's of the ServiceInstance's on both Development Server and TestServer are matching are not.

See the Screenshot

Badge +5

Hello,

Thank you for your tips.

Maybe I have to give you some more information.

The application was created on the DEV-System and afterwards deployed on the Prod-System.

The application is hostet in our SharePoint-Environment and all SMO's are created by the K2-integration tool for SharePoint.

The SharePoint-Sites and lists are registered.

@tbyrne777 The Package & Deployment from DEV to DEV works correctly and the system realizes that the objects are already there. But the Deployment from Prod to DEV doesn't work anyway.

@Vjay I can't see your picture.

Best Regards

Alex

Badge +9

Check attached now

Badge +5

I think the GUID is never the same in an Sharepoint Environment because the system will auto-create the list and library SMO's.

Badge +9

Have you tried matching those guid's in both environments and deploying the package, if no then give  a try and see what it says.

Badge +5
It is not possible to edit the Auto-Generated SharePoint-List SmartObject. I don't have a Menu Item in the SMO-Tester Tool.
Badge +9

We have to edit the Service Instance, Not the Smartobject. See below steps ..

In Development Environment

1.  Open SmartObjects-Services-Tester Utility Tool.

2. Expand ServiceObjectExplorer. (See Attached Image)

3. Navigate to Sharepoint Service Objects Section. (It may be under Sharepoint 2013, Sharepoint Service V1/V2)

4. Identify and Select the Sharepoint ServiceInstance that was created for your sharepoint site and right click and select Edit Service Instance then click Next  to see the GUID. Copy it.

Now go to your Test/Production Environment and follow Step 1 to 4 and paste the GUID that's copied and save the service Instance.

Regards,

Vijay.

https://vijaydk2guy.wordpress.com

Badge +5
Okay now I have understand what you mean. I've tried to chang the GUID but when I click on Update the old GUID appears and I have no change to paste the other one.

Regards
Alex
Badge +9

in prod environment, once you click edit service instance and next button, the old GUID appears... just remove it from the field and copy the guid from development environment

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Hi,
Just something to be aware of when touching the SharePoint 2013 service instance, it's not recommending to update/refresh/service this service instance, see link below. I have seen a few cases that the K2 integration will break at subsite level.
https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.1/default.htm#ServiceBrokers/SharePoint/SharePoint.htm?Highlight=sharepoint 2013 service instance
Badge +5
Thank you Khanh. I also think that this isn't a good idea.