Comment Box Missing

Badge +4

Hello!

We’re running SharePoint & Nintex Workflow 2010, v 2.2.2.2. On our Test installation when we respond to a FlexiTask, there is a comment box and if we type something it becomes part of the Workflow History, very handy. But on our Production installation which is the same OS and Nintex version, the comment box is missing. I’ve searched for settings everywhere I could, is there some easy way to get this to show?

Thanks!

10 replies

Badge +16

So on production when you add a flexi task there is no comments box?  is that correct?

Badge +4

Yes, correct. Pictures show test and prod.

Badge +16

OK that is bizarre.

Can you screenshot configuration of your flexi task please?

Also - assume you have not edited the task from inside your workflow?

Can you also create a brand new workflow on your production environment, drag a flexi task and complete the minimum requirements and publish - see what that looks like?

Badge +4

Actually, we’ve been running 5 years with no comment box, always wondered what it meant when it said that you can comment. Every Flexi task. Now we set up a test system (which I installed everything, prod was done by a contractor) and the box is there. Setting up a new quick flow won’t show anything except the same. Thanks anyway, I was hoping someone had the issue and had figured it out.

Badge +16

ah that is totally bizarre.  Glad to be following this thread in case someone else has seen something similar before - I certainly have not.

Let me call in some of my BRG colleagues here:

‌ - you guys ever seen this before?

Badge +4

Thanks, appreciate it! I’ve searched settings in the Nintex section CA up and down, can’t find anything.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

haven't experienced this this yet, just some guesses...

it looks like form layout counts with a space and labels for comment field, but something hides or prevents to show it.

- can you check workflow task list, is comment column present there?

- is comment column present in workflow task content type?

- do you have applied some custom styling/branding/scripting? - maybe some (CSS) selector accidentally defines a rule that hides comment field

- if all the above do not apply and you have some forms integrated (nintex forms, infopath..) can you try to open task form in designer whether comment field appears there?

Badge +4

I will definitely check those first two suggestions (there’s zero branding or CSS changes, it’s a dull internal environment, lol). Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes, I concur with Marian.  I think it's probably something to do with the content type and it's possible that another product may have modified this.

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +4

Figured it out!!

I knew this was a global thing because it’s in every site collection I create. I did check the Tasks and saw that the ApproverComments Column was there, so it was a matter of finding out why the box won’t show. FOUND IT: In Global Settings there’s a field for designating which .aspx for is used for Flexi Task Edits, and it had listed the default “_layouts/NintexWorkflow/ApproveReject.aspx”. So I hopped on the server and looked in the folder, and sure enough there were TWO: an “ApproveReject.aspx” file and an “ApproveReject.aspx - Copy” file, and the copy had the same date as all the other files so I knew it was the original. Knowing what I know about this place, the contractor who installed this system before I got involved was probably got told by a VP to not let people put comments there (nobody here knew what SharePoint was, it was all new so dumb decisions were made). So the aspx file was modified to not show it, it was commented out. UNBEVELIEVABLE. Actually I do believe it, lol. Anyway, restored the original and it WORKS.

All the responses got be thinking and shoved me in the right direction, thanks everyone for taking the time to respond, much appreciated.