Unable to convert document to PDF using the \Convert document\" action."

• 17 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I am trying to use the "Convert document" action in Nintex workflow 2013.

My workflow actions are as follows:

206747_pastedImage_1.png

Configuration settings of Build string and Convert document are as follows:

206751_pastedImage_4.png

206753_pastedImage_7.png

Error received is:

"Failed to start conversion job. Check input url 'http://mytestapp/sites/test/WordList/Testdoco.docx' is a valid file.

The Testdoco.docx is a normal word file, uploaded on to my list "WordList".

This is the first time I using "convert document" action.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nirmala

5 replies

Badge +9

Hi Nirmala Yeruva

These are my settings, it is working fine in Nintex 2013.

206767_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Lakshmi C

Badge +3

Hi Lakshmi,

I have got it resolved. My issue was the account running the Word Automation Services didn't have proper permissions. Granting SPDataAccess towards the service account running Word Automation Services have fixed the problem.

Thanks for your reply.

Nirmala

Badge +9

Hi ‌,

Can you mark it as correct answer so that it will help others.

Thanks,

Badge +8

Hi everyone I actually have the same issue. My setup is the same as Nirmala's. I'm a little unsure as to the Output URL though. I uploaded an empty docx file and an empty rtf file to the Output library where I want my converted files to be sent to. I built the URL trying either empty file in my URL. Now I had tried this last week and it at first gave me that error but did eventually work. It took 15 minutes to convert the file and it said it did it succesfully. It just never seemed to show up in the Output library (that's actually what the library is named) 

FYI these are Infopath forms I want to convert. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't seem to get this to work. 

Thank you

Badge

Hi, Nirmala.  Did you have to give the account running Word Automation Services permissions in SharePoint Central Administration?