Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenfloyd666
Nintex Newbie

Returning to a Flexi-Task after it's been rejected

Jump to solution

Hi

I've got a Flexi-Task where there's of course a Reject and Approve path. If it's approved it goes straight to another
Flexi-task. If it's rejected the user needs to revisit a form they've submitted, change then resubmit. When it's resubmitted I need it to go back to the ** STAGE THREE ** Flex-task as detailed below so that the approver can look at it again and hopefully approve. What would I need to do to achieve this?

.Flexi Task

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Returning to a Flexi-Task after it's been rejected

Jump to solution

you need to use a state machine and change state actions similar to this:

goes for initial approval.  if rejected, ends workflow.  if approved, goes to secondary approval.

Secondary approval:  if approved, end workflow.  if rejected goes to Awaiting resubmission.

Awaiting resubmission:  waits for current item to be updated to Submitted (indicating a change has been made and re-submitted) and then goes back to secondary approval.

The beauty of the state machine is it can do that reject/resubmit loop as many times as required.

workflow states‌state‌end state machine‌change state‌state machine‌

darrenfloyd666
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I don't quite get how this is configured? So I've put in the State Machine action and it's giving me what's below.

So effectively I'm not pointing the Workflow back up one stage, what I'm doing is adding another action? Would State 1 be another Flexi Task?

0 Kudos
darrenfloyd666
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Actually I think I get it. We're starting with a State Machine action with three branches Initial Approval, Secondary Approval and Awaiting Submission. Depending on the approval process it'll switch to an a different branch (for example if on the initial approval  it's approved it switches to the secondary approval)

But does this mean I'll have to completely rewrite my Workflow to fit in the State Machine actions?

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

yes that's right.

no don't have to rewrite.  add your state machine action in and then drag your other actions to the appropriate "branches" of the state machine and add your change state actions.

0 Kudos
darrenfloyd666
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks. Where would I need to place the initial State Machine action? I have an initial Flexi-Task which kicks off the Workflow, so f I add the action before that it gives me too many branches, and if I try and take one of the States/Brachesaway it errors...

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

i would put it at the very top of your workflow and put your initial flexi task in the initial branch of the state machine. 

0 Kudos
bimi82
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hello

I thought once a flexiTask has been approved or rejected then you not able to re-initiate the same approval process.

So what does the wait for item update do apart from setting the status to resubmitted.

Unless there a special status you are referring to?

0 Kudos