cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Return True/False to Yes/No?

Jump to solution

I am real new to everything here.  No programing experience just some experience in concepts and use of lots of software. How do I get a workflow to convert the True/False return to Yes/No?  O365

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Return True/False to Yes/No?

Jump to solution

Not sure what you want to achieve by converting but a possible solution could be the following:

• Drag in a Set A Condition action, check in your condition whether the value is True or False
    • Create a variable and in case Value = True, use the Set a variable action to occupy the variable with value Yes (and vice versa)

In case you want to achieve something completely different, could you post some more details?

Kind regards,

Glenda

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Glenda this is what I am looking for. I will give it a try.

Fred G. Cook

Sent from my iPhone. This is often voice dictated so please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Glenda

As I have a large number of True/False items, having to put a condition on each one is painful. I've tried using 'Convert Value', however that isn't changing it to Yes/No. Not sure if I'm using it correctly though. Have you tried that action for this problem? 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Joanne, 

Yes, the convert value action does not convert from/into boolean values.

Can you explain where your true/false values are coming from and why you are in need of changing them to Yes/No? 

Glenda

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

They are coming from a Yes/No tick box on a form. Then they are output via HTML to an email. I want to change the True/False output to Yes/No. Doesn't seem to be any easy way to do it other than setting a condition on each one though.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Joanne, 

Yes I am afraid so . Maybe check whether they won't mind saying "true/false" in the email instead of "yes/no"? 

Glenda

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Disappointing. This is the kind of thing I used inline functions for in 2010 workflows. I really think they need to bring them into o365 workflows. 

0 Kudos