Long running script message

Badge +9

I'm encountering a message everytime when trying to open /save / publish a workflow.

"mysite.com is not responding due to a long-running script"

we tried moving the workflow from one env. to another and this message is still encountered that sometimes we have to kill the page and start all over. Any thoughts as to what could be in the workflow that is causing this message and how can we make this better? 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Is the workflow you are trying to publish large (contain lots of actions) - sounds like something might be timing out when you publish,which can happen if the workflow is too large.

-Mike

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'm not ‌, but, if she's talking about the workflow I think she's talking about then - yes - this is absolutely the problem.

Badge +9

Yes Rhia happy.png It is the workflow you think I'm talking about. we are already starting to divide it down into smaller chunks.. I was wondering if there is other reasons that can be contributing to it.

Mike Matsako‌, we have Nintex forms for each task in that workflow and the nintex forms can be quite long, could that be also counting towards how big the workflow is? or is it just the number of actions within the workflow?