K2.Net SP3 Installation

Badge +2
Hello Everyone,

Good Day!

I need to ask you guys if you have encountered this problem when opening the Report tab of the K2 Workspace. This error was encountered after the installation of K2.Net SP3.

Here's the error:
There was a problem retrieving the data for the specified report and template please review the report, or make sure that the template exists.

10 replies

Badge +11
Hi Lizeth,

Was this an upgrade from a previous version of K2.net 2003 to SP3 or was it a clean install of K2.net 2003 SP3?

Does this happen with this specific user ONLY or does it happen to all users?

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
Hello Ockert,

We encountered an error in using the K2.Net SP2. So we installed the K2.Net SP3 in our server. This solved the issue. However, after installing the SP3, we have been encountering these errors. This error also happens for all users.

Thanks,
Lizeth
Badge +11
Lizbeth,

Please try to open Workspace Reporting with a NEW USER i.e. a user that has never opened the K2.net Workspace before. You can get a list of users who has already used the K2.net Workspace by doing a UNIQUE user count on the K2Log.._UserSettings table.

Let me know if the NEW USER can see the reports - or at least do not get the error message.

If this user do not get the error message, the problem lies with report templates stored in the database.
If this user do get the same error message, the problem is probably in IIS and the user account used to start the K2V3 site AppPool. Could also be SQL permissions.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
Hello Ockert,

I followed your suggestion and added a NEW USER. This user can successfully view the reports. However, I do not know how to solve the problem with the report templates stored in the database.

Thanks Again,
Lizeth
Badge +11
Not a pretty solution but you need to wipe each users records from a couple of tables in the K2Log database.

* Make backups of the K2.net databases.
* Make sure the user is not logged in to his/her K2.net Workspace.
* Open your SQL Query Analyzer.
* Copy the following code into the Query window:
* delete from _Template where username = '[User]'
* delete from _TemplatePages where username = '[User]'
* delete from _UserSetting where username = '[User]'
* delete from _UserView where username = '[User]'
* Replace [User] with the name of the specific user and run the code.
* Now the user should be able to log back in and view the reports.

You're effectively deleting all custom templates and settings set up by the users.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
It works! :P

Thank you so much Ockert!

Btw, I still have one question in mind. Is this caused by the K2.Net SP3? What caused this error?

Thanks,
Lizeth
Badge +11
To be honest, I don't know - We haven't seen it with any other upgrade so far (touch wood) - at least not as far as I'm aware. Did your users have a lot of custom templates defined?

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
I'm not sure if this is correct. I looked into the _Template table in the K2Log Database and there are just two template names and there are 26 template XMLs.

Thanks,
Lizeth
Badge +2
Hello Ockert,

Can you please help me identify possible impacts of these queries to the production database. Do we have to run these query for all users in the database upon installation of the K2.Net SP3?

Thanks,
Badge +11
Hi Lizeth,

Sorry, I have got no idea. As I've said, I haven't seen this happen anywhere else. There should however be no impact on the transaction database as these queries are only to be run against the K2Log database.
Whether or not you should run it for each and every user would depend on whether or not the user can successfully browse to his/her reporting site. If this poses a too big a problem, I would definitely recommend opening a formal support ticket for the support team to have a look at your databases.

Regards,
Ockert