cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilkies0106aw
Nintex Newbie

Re: Retrieve a user's Display name from their login

In case anybody else struggles with Method 1 and quering LDAP I had to use the following Query:

(&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName={WorkflowVariable:var1}))

Note: objectCategory=Person not objectCategory=User and the close brackets at the end of the query.

0 Kudos
lyndaflores
Nintex Newbie

Tried to figure this out years ago and due to time restrictions, I found another way or told the business that they have to just live with the ID being presented.  The way this article was written, it actually made the steps very clear! and I was able to do this for once!

Thank you for this article!!!!!!!

Not applicable

Hi, ‌! I'm so glad you were able to do this!  

It looks like you've been a Nintex Connect community member since just a few months after it launched. I'm really glad to know when  long-time member dips in a toe and finds something useful, even after a few years.  I hope this success breeds many more visits and many more successes!

All the best,

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos
hueytran
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for providing the solution of removing the claims username i:0#.w|DOMAIN\USERNAME format in the Regular Expression. Solution is to put i:0#.w\|Domain\\ in the Pattern of the Regular Expression. 

Also for the Query LDAP for Method 1, make sure to put two extra parenthesis in Query:  Patrick Hosch mentioned it in Query LDAP

Example:  &(objectClass=user)(samaccountname={WorkflowVariable}))

Highlighted
garypowelljones
Nintex Newbie

I know this is an older post, but you use the 'Set Variable' action and set the variable to the field value & set the return type as 'Display Name'. This avoids calls to web services etc.

0 Kudos
johnfriday13
Nintex Newbie

@DrewA TOTALLY agree. would seem an obivous thing to a non-programmer which the product seems to be targeted at.

0 Kudos