Nintex Forms multilanguage. how to update labels in display mode.

• 12 August 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello Experts. i need to create a HR appraisal process that requires the usage of a multilanguage form. The process will involve people from different European countries so the employees, Direct Line Managers and HR managers need to edit or read the form on their language. Example, the employee can be Slovakian, the manager German and the HR director English.

I've created a form that contains labels (calculate value control) that are changing language based on a selection done by a drop down menu. http://www.sharepointpub.com/nintex-forms-multi-language-form/ . all works fine in New and Edit mode but i'm unable to change language (labels) when i switch to Display mode. Any suggestions? thanks!

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Andrea

have you set 'Recalculate formula on view mode' in calculated control settings to 'yes'?

Kind regards

Manfred

Badge +1

Hi Manfred, that settings is enabled, thank you! The problem is that when the form is open in display mode my drop down menu containing the language selection is disabled so i have no way to reset the language on all labels as i normally do in new or edit mode. I've tried to add a button with javascript so to have the lookup formula updated with a variable but no luck so far, i'm not skilled in js. Any idea? thanks -andrea.

drop down disabled in display mode.png

Badge +9

Hi Andrea

in the settings of the language drop down control you can set Control Mode to edit in Advanced section. So the conrtrol is working in view mode as exspected.

Kind regards

Manfred

Badge +1

YES, it works!!! super thanks Manfred

excellent ^_^