Edit mode brings up Standard SharePoint Form

• 6 February 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I am having an issue where when i create a new item or display a new item SharePoint will use the Nintex form we have have created. If you go to edit the item it uses the default SharePoint form. How do we get it to use the Nintex form going forward?

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

try to

- export existing form

- delete the form (you can try to create new item or view existing one to make sure sharepoint's form is used)

- create new nintex form

- import the form from step 1

Badge +2

Will the export keep all my rules? Is there no easy way to force the default view for edit to be the Nintex form?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes it will save all the definitions.

it's a way how to backup form definition or transfer it between environments.

there is not a documented way beside 'Publish' action in form designer how to attach nintex form to a list.

Badge +2

Marian,

Your solution did not work in my case. It still is using the default SharePoint Edit form.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you experience it just on this single list or is it a general problem?

if you create brand new list and brand new nintex form does it work or not.

do you have any additional/custom content types on the list?

what platform are you on?

Badge +2

Marian, I am on SharePoint 2013. IF i create a new list then yes Nintex works no problem for all versions of the form. The form in question was built before my time. It seems like they decided it to use the default form for the editing so that they could have two different versions of the form rather than hiding controls in a panel based on what form is being opened.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

as I've mentioned, there is not a ordinary way how to attach or not to ttach a nintex form for one single mode. form designer always replaces all the 3 forms.

if some of your (former) colleagues did any hack directly in sharepoint not to replace OOTB sharepoint's edit form, you will have to investigate within your organization what exactly was done and how to restore normal operation.