Get Disconnected field values for old items

• 19 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

There is one Yes/No field on my Nintex form which is not conected to any columns in SharePoint List.

unfortunately I forgot to connect and there are about more than 1500 records created . Now my client wants to create report with that field and unfortunately I am not able to find a way to get that values. I am aware NF Formdata store the variable values in item properties. But in my case records are already cerated. So is there a way by which I can fetch those values for list items. any advise is really appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

HI,

Create the Yes/No column in sharepoint.
Create a site workflow that queries the hidden Form Data using a Query XML action for each item in the list and retrieves the value of the unbound Yes/No control and then use an update item action to update the newly created column. Run the workflow once.
On the form connect the Yes/No control to the newly created column.

Badge +1
Can you please share the syntax for Query XML action. Since i am new to Nintex.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

This blog post explains it:
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/How-To-Leverage-Your-Nintex-XML-Form-Data/ba-p/108360
Badge +1
Thanks for sharing the article. I need to know what should i insert in XML property since {ItemProperty:FormData} is not available in site workflow.
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Good Point.
You could have the Site workflow start a list workflow on each item to do the query and update or just scrap the site workflow and just have a list workflow that starts a list workflow on each item.