Task Aggrigation?

• 21 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

With Nintex Customers using Nintex On-Prem and in O365 and now potentially NWC. How can we aggregate all their tasks into one place?

I've noticed that you could use the Nintex Mobile App to connect to each of these account types, but I was wondering if there will be another location that is web based that we could use to aggregate all the end users workflow related tasks?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That's a great question! I wonder if there is a way to query the tasks in NWC like we can in SharePoint to rollup somewhere?

Badge +3

Hi Andrew,

What would be your preferred method for pulling task information in NWC?  How are you doing this today?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Today I would use a CSOM JS approach to query lists from both O365 and SP On prem. Once aggregated, I could display them on another SP page. REST queries are also available for Sp2013 & O365, so I would probably use these two methods depending on the need. 

Badge +17

To second Andrew on this, I would add an API or REST endpoint that rendered all tasks in an XML format. This would allow for JS/Jquery or Xpath to retrieve what was needed and could be used by another workflow or application to display specific data as necessary.