Calculated column doesn't show up on form

• 21 September 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I have a Calculated column based off of the values of two other columns in the list but the calculated column does not show up on the Nintex Form. It is also not available to add as a List Column either.

It shows up in a standard SharePoint View form. How do I get the Calculated Column to show up in View Mode of the Nintex Form? Is this not supported?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Someone has posted this on User Voice, I  would vote it up if you want to see this implemented more quickly: calculated columns – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Thanks,

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

and to add to Mike: by it's implemented you have to use calculated value control to show it up on form

Badge +3

Thanks to both for the help. I now understand that Calculated Columns are not directly supported on the forms, but there are some workarounds. 

Using the Calculated Value form control almost solves my issue. I don't know why I didn't see the control before, but it seems like this should work.

However the Calculated Value does not show on the "Display Form." The calculated value DOES show on the New and Edit forms and updates in real-time as I change the fields.

Any ideas on why the Calculated Value doesn't show on the Display Form?

EDIT: On the Display Form, the field does show up, it is showing #Value! as a result instead of the number though.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you checked on 'Recalculate in view mode'?

it's set to NO by default

Badge +3

Yes, I have changed all three of these values to Yes. Below is a screenshot of the rest of the General Settings.Calculated Value settings

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

that means the formula cannot be evaluated for some reasons.

what are the two references used in the formula?

are they item's fields? are they another calculated values?  or other type of controls?

are they both those calculated fields from list? what's their resulting datatype?

what I would try:

- added two calculated value controls, one for each reference from the formula, to see how do they evaluate

- removed datatype, thousand separator and value prefix customizations

Badge +3

As it turns out there is most likely a bug in how Nintex Forms processes columns of "Currency" type with the Calculated Value formula. I was doing calculations on two underlying columns of "Currency", which native SharePoint does not have a problem with in its Calculated Column. However, Nintex form's , Calculated Value does have a problem with this column type, but ONLY on the Display/View form.

When I changed the underlying column type to "Number", all was well. Then I just used the formatting of the Nintex Form's Calculated Value to display the result as currency. It's not perfect, but it works.

Thanks for the help and advice to all. It is much appreciated.