Flexi task notification formatting problem

• 3 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

My frustration reached an all high level...

I am configuring a Flexi task notification. Here is how it looks like in the action window:

And here is how it looks in the actual email. A line break is inserted before the variable:

206259_pastedImage_2.png

When I go to the source code I remove the line spaces (it worked before) but this time Nintex reformats it every time. Any suggestions how to fix it?!?!?

206260_pastedImage_3.png

5 replies

Badge +11

Hi

A small observation here.

varFirstName</a></span>,

Ideally there should be </p> after this. But you have </br>. Is this something that you entered yourself? The paragraph end would automatically give you the line break.

See if this helps.

Also, you can check the value of the variable and if there is something appended to the variable varFirstName. 

Badge +9

I didn't modify html directly. Everything in the code is based on the visual design. The variable is the output of the profile query. The email should be formatted exactly as I see it in the design window.

Badge +11

Do you get into the same issue once you delete this task notification action and create a new one? The formatting can be in many ways, doesn't matter <p> or <br/>.

Badge +9

I didn't have time to do more troubleshooting. I used the Build String action with text and variable in it. That fixed it. Thanks!

Badge

The problem is, that Nintex Worfklow Designer puts some hidden <p> tags. Just copy the html source to Notepad++, and use Join Lines function, copy&paste back to Nintex WF Designer as a single line.