Is there no \Copy list item\" function in Nintex WF as there is in SPD2013?"

• 9 November 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

How would one copy a list item and write to identical list within the same collection?

Example:

I have two lists: listA and listB. When the field "ApprovalStatus" == "approved" in listA, the workflow would copy that item to listB and then delete the original entry in listA. This is easily accomplished in SPD2013.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Mark -

6 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

You could have a similar bahevior with Nintex activities, using the "Copy Item" action, then "Delete Item" action.

140407_pastedImage_0.png

You could also use a Conditional start, depending of the "Approval status" value.

140534_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the suggestion. What about users that are in O365 rather than SP2013? I don't see a "Copy List Item" for me nor do I have a conditional start. The conditional start could be worked around with either a switch or a "run if," but what about copying the item?

Thanks,

Courtney

Badge +7

Based on this article from Vadim Tabakman​ :

Nintex Workflow for Office 365 - Available Actions - Vadim Tabakman

Could "Copy document" action correspond to "Copy List Item" action on o365?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Pierre,

unfortunately, the Copy Document action only supports documents and document libraries.

Since there's no Copy Item action at the moment, you would need to use the Create List Item action.  It's a little more configuration, since you'll need to configure it to handle each field you want to copy from the original item.

cheers,

Vadim

Badge +3

This did work... had to do the extra set up to point to source and pull in all fields that needed to move from target to source but this is still easier than in SPD2013 just had to get over previous mental model of using that to write these workflows.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Mark,

I'd recommend requesting this feature via User Voice.  There's a similar request for the o365 version but nothing for on prem.

Cheers,

Chris