cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmwatson
Nintex Newbie

Required field based on several separate entries

Jump to solution

Is there a way to make a field required based on if any of previous questions is a certain value? For instance, I have 10 or so questions on a form that have the choice of "OK" or "Issue" to select from. Can I have a comment field at the bottom of the form be required if any of those 10 questions are answered with "Issue"?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Required field based on several separate entries

Jump to solution

You can accomplish this in Nintex Forms using a Validation rule on the Comments control. Here are the steps:

1. Select the Comments control and add a Rule.
  2. Give the rule a Name (for example "Require Comments").
  3. Change the Rule Type to "Validation".
  4. Use the formula below in the Condition setting (red underlined fields are your question control names):

equals(Q1, "Issue") || equals(Q2, "Issue") || equals(Q3, "Issue") || equals(Q4, "Issue") || equals(Q5, "Issue") || equals(Q6, "Issue") || equals(Q7, "Issue") || equals(Q8, "Issue") || equals(Q9, "Issue") || equals(Q10, "Issue")
  5. Add some text to the Message to display if the Comments control is required.
  6. That should cause the Comments field to be required if "Issue" is selection in any of the question fields.

QuestionValidationRule.png

QuestionValidationRule2.png

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gmwatson
Nintex Newbie

Re: Required field based on several separate entries

Jump to solution

Awesome! Got it to work, although for some reason I had to take out the "equals" in the code. Otherwise worked like a charm. Thanks!

0 Kudos