cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skocos
Nintex Newbie

Required Permissions to Edit Workflow

Jump to solution

Hello everyone. We are in the process of upgrading from SP 2010 to 2016. One thing that we've noticed so far is that our power users that previously were able to access the workflow inventory and create/edit them are no longer able to.

From what I've read, I was of the understanding that users need at least design at the site level (which they have). We've also made sure that people had at least that (or even full control) on the Allowed Workflow designers list. Despite that, we still have the issue. Are we missing something?

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Required Permissions to Edit Workflow

Jump to solution

are these migrated sites or new sites?

how do you manage who can design workflows?

0 Kudos
skocos
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

These are migrated sites. As far as managing who can, we have some governance around what people have to give us for documentation as well as a good business reason for them to be doing it. It's not a ton of people, but a couple of them basically manage the SP site(s) in their area as a full-time job.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

how did you migrate them?

are they able to do workflows ok on brand new (non-migrated sites)

we had this issue with migrated sites from 2010 - 2013 and had to deactivate then reactivate the site collection features

0 Kudos
skocos
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I feel silly for not trying that with the site collection feature, but it fixed it!! I had tried at the site level but for whatever reason not tried that. Thanks!!