Assigning a task after a form view has been submitted

• 7 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +10

Hoping there's a straight forward solution to this...at a stage in my Nintex Workflow a user gets a form view to fill in. At the same moment this gets sent out another notification gets sent out for approval for Manager B. 

What I want to happen is that when the user submits the view that the Manager then gets a notification that they have an approval task to complete. So the Manager B gets the task request  after the user has submitted the view.

So it currently runs Manager A approves > email gets sent to initiator to fill in View at the same time that Manager B gets a notification that they have a task

my workflow

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you should assign a task to the user to "fill the view".

workflow will only move on to manager B when he responds the task.

Badge +10

Yes I could see that would work. Would it be best to assign a Flexi task? The only problem I can see is that it would give the user the option to reject the task?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

not necessarily.

if you use flexi task, you can configure it to have just single outcome.

or you can use other task action, eg. to-do task.

Badge +10

Cheers, when I add a 'to-do- task' it's asking for a Content Type and I have no idea what it needs?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

content type defines additional field(s) that you may ask the task assignee to fill in.

if you do not need any additional data, just select 'create new" and type in some name.

or use request review task action which do not request for content type.