a couple of smart form newbie questions

Badge +1

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me. Our company has purchased K2 blackperl, but due to burocratic procedures we are not yet able to get K2 trainning. I had a play with smart forms and can get bacis stuff working, however I need to be able to do the following things in order to be able to all stuff that we are currently doing with Infopath forms.

1. Get information out of userprofile service (sharepoint) just like Infopath form would. (I really dont even know where to start here).

2. Look up a value from a sharepoint list (query by title, not ID). I tried making a smart object on the list and creating forms and views, then trying to look it up, but I didnt have any luck. I dont need to display the value, just to check against it in form rules.

3. Display current user information. I can get access to in rules section (eg. check current user name vs created by field), but I dont know how to put that information on the form itself.

We using SharePoint 2013 and unble to get K2 studio to work at the moment (firewall issues i think), so I can only use web designer at the moment.

Thanks in advance, any help would be really useful.

3 replies

Badge +8

A good tool to get comfortable with is SmarObject Service Tester:

"C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlBinSmartObject Service Tester.exe"

1. Open the tester tool, find ServiceObject Explorer > SharePoint Service V2.  Right click and select register service instance.  Put in the URL of your sharepoint.  Give it a logical Name.  Once that is created, you can create smartobjects off of that instance.  Expand your portal instance, look for Users then right click it.  This will be the smartobject for sharepoint users.

12161i9786DCEAD5868194.png

2)  A look up from any system (SharePoint/SQL) is best handled with a Get List method, then you'll put in whatever column data your looking for.  So when your creating smartobjects and it has the get list method tied to it, you'll just enter in something like a title and you'll get filtered results.

3)  You can tie any of the System Values to a Form or View initialize via the transfer data rule.  Throw a data lable on your canvas then go to rules and try when the view initializes, transfer data and drag those values over.

15623i7F1E2CE2B96F37CE.png

Badge +1

Thanks for your help and time David

Badge +8

No problem,

Some of that might be hard to swallow, so if you have specific questions...just ask the community.