Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

• 9 November 2007
  • 7 replies

Badge +13

We are getting sporadic msgs from K2 Workflow for the first time, Google searched but was wondering if you guys ever seen this msg with your Workflow env.

"Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"

7 replies

Badge +9

Peter,

I haven't seen or heard of that one before.

Badge +11

No, sorry, in my 3+ years experience I haven't seen this either.

Regards,

Ockert

Badge +13

I just got a whole bunch of these errors again, and netstat -a and netstat -b shows a lot of ports open, 59 of them from k2server.exe.    Is that normal?

74 of them from w3wp.exe.

Badge +7

I had the same error while opening and closing K2 connection quickly (like in while(true) statement)

It seems that K2 couldn't close connection as quickly as the connection openning so they were to much connection opened and I get this message

Personnaly, I added a timer in my while statement to avoid it

Badge +13

http://blogs.msdn.com/dgorti/archive/2005/09/18/470766.aspx

Badge +4

Same error here on a application server that uses K2. The applicaiton server is a windows services hosted remorting application with multiple clients connecting to the remorting server. It seems the remoting server (running on the same machine as the K2 server) is creating a lot a connections to the K2 server and TCP is keeping them alive even after closing the K2 connection.

I'm going to increase the dynamic TCP port range and will report back.

Badge +13
We have not seen this error after reducing time for TCPTimedWaitDelay and increase MaxUserPort as per the blog in the previous post.