cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Request data action, remain "in progress" and workflow do not continue

After a while, I saw that Request Data tasks do not completed. Their status stuck "in progress" and workflow do not continue.

This issue is not for Request Review and Request Approval tasks.

This problem happened in one site collection. I tested in two another site collections, there was no problem.

please help.

thanks alot.

Labels: (2)
12 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Request data action, remain "in progress" and workflow do not continue

Hi amirhosein,

make sure you're running the latest build of Nintex Workflow.

Also, try an IISRESET and see if that helps the workflow move on.

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

thank your for your replay.

I did these tasks, but my problem did not resolve.

- Reset server

- Deactive Nintex features and active again

- Uninstall Nintex and reinstall it

- Cancel all runnig wokrflows

can you help me?

Our Nintex version is: Nintex Workflow 2010 (2.3.10.0)

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Amirhosein,

Then i'm not sure why it is stuck.  I recommend you open a support ticket : Ask Support

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I had this happen before and I connected the Save button on the task form to mark the status as complete

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

thank you.

In infopath form of "Request Data" action, I have not access to Status column.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Emily,

I was having the same issue as amirhosein. Your solution worked perfectly for me, thank you!

Glenda

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi,

I think i found a solution and the real problem here. If you edited request action form template with Nintex forms and you are using international installation if Nintex Forms your problem is in submit button at advanced section There are field Value which it returns. For example I use Lithuanian langue pack so my value should be after submiting task "Atlikta" and in English "Completed". In ULS logs i traced down to this error:
Nintex.Forms.SharePoint.EventHandlers.OnCreatingTaskDatabaseItems: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

It means by default form submit button doesnt know which language you use and by default it sets value to return in English and this conflicts with drop down values of State column. When i changed that button value to be in Lithuanian everything started to work.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I have done this but the workflow errors still. It marks the status complete but the outcome remains pending and eventually throws the "intake workflow failed to run" error. This happens while the workflow is running parallel actions. In the other branch of the parallel actions there is another workflow that kicks off then "waits for status change". Not sure how to handle this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Emily,

I have a state machine workflow where

1. state1 has a flexi task and state2 has wait for item update.

2. Initially, it will enter to state1 and based on the task outcome selected it will go to state 2.

3. In state2, it was waiting for a column to get updated and once the field is updated it again goes back to state1.

4. At that time, when the user acts on the task it stucks in pending state for long period of time.

so, I have tried the scenario of connecting status column to Ok button as mentioned by you but when i delegate that task to someone and they act on that task, I'm getting "Task is locked by the running workflow". Can you please help me to resolve this issue. Any alternate solution is there other than wait for item update because if i disable that particular control it is working fine.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply