Workflow History List Basics

• 22 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

I recently was told

1-When a Workflow is moved from UAT to Prod that to remove the Workflow History List logging, but when I check the setup of my Workflow I see no choice other than to select a Workflow History List

2-The WH History List should never go beyond 5,000 as it will impact performance ?

Also as a side question how can I see all the list workflows created for all the lists I have on my site.  I know how to see all my SITE workflows, but I have not figured out where to see an inventory of my list workflows.

3 replies

Badge +16

‌ I believe they mean to disable any "Log in history list" actions you have inside your workflow.

Also, if you go to site settings and Workflow Inventory under Nintex Workflow you should see all list/site/reusable workflows in one place.

Badge +9

Correct - Disable the Log History. 

Quick question.  If I delete all the Site Workflow history from the Site Workflow History List found in Site Settings/Nintex Workflow History do I lose the ability to see history when I select Nintex Workflow History from a Site Page ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes you will lose the history on the item. iF that is needed an archive system should be setup to persist the data elsewhere and then purge the wfhl.