can i update datafields of a process instance without an action being taken

Badge +11

Hi

can i update the Datafield of a process without taking an action on the process -like approve , reject-.

7 replies

Badge +11

yes

in the process instance the is an update method

Badge +5

Hi,

Just remember that the user execuing this Update method would require "Admin" rights on the process to do so.

Regards,

Gert

Badge +2

I agree with Gert, Just remember that the user execuing this Update method would require "Admin" rights on the process to do so.

If your case need to to have update via regular user then u can add action do so but flag this action as update action to stay at the same activity :)

Badge +11

LOL

thanks for ALL

Badge +5

you can have a look at my blackmarket project, http://www.k2underground.com/groups/k2_administrators_console_app_tool/default.aspx, there you can update a datafield from a command window or look at the sourcecode how i've done it.

Badge +11

thanks for the app you suppled

Badge +8

I'll just add my 2c here. If you have a scenario where people NOT holding the Worklist item need to update the process's data frequently, you should consider externalizing the data using SmartObjects or your own tables. This makes modification of data simpler.

If you need to access the data in the process to do routing, set destinations, etc, it can still be done very easily using SmartObjects (or SmartObjects pointing to your custom tables).