cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Repeating session fields need to be uneditable but still allow to create a new section

I need to figure out a way to make a select number of fields uneditable that are in a repeating section, but allow the user to add a new repeating section. Can this be done? I tried creating a rule and disabled the fields when in edit mode. but of course i am not able to create a new repeating section. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Repeating session fields need to be uneditable but still allow to create a new section

Hi Tangenika Scott

You can create a rule and apply it on the individual fields you want to disable. Don't apply the rule directly on the repeating section, doing that will disable the repeater and prevent the user from adding new sections. Please refer to attached image.

Hope this helps

repeater disable field.jpg

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Repeating session fields need to be uneditable but still allow to create a new section

Hi Tangenika,

You are correct, the control with the 'Is Edit Mode' formatting rule applied will not allow an additional value when a new row is added to the Repeating Section.

A way around disabling an additional control in the new row, is to add one more condition to the existing Rule for the control to not have a blank value as well.

For example, if you have a Control that you wish to Disable called 'Name', you can write the condition as follows:

Is Edit Mode && Name != ""

That way, if you add an extra row, the control (if by default blank) will be active.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

ok thank you this worked. However, now I have to figure out that when a new repeating section is added, give the user the ability to edit the new fields. I was thinking of adding some logic that has to do with the create date?

Any thoughts on this?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply