cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Repeating section doesn't show results in list view

Hello! I have a repeating section for states (health plans). My challenge is that those states are not showing in the list view. They only show in the individual item, so I can't filter or view by the states. Any suggestions on how I can make them show in the list view?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Repeating section doesn't show results in list view

Hi Jennifer Smith‌!

It sounds like you might be new to Repeating Sections - is that right?

In order to get the data out of a repeating section, you need to use a UDA ( here's a link: Nintex Forms/Workflow - Parsing Repeating Section Data - Vadim Tabakman  ) that will take that data and turn it into a readable XML block. Then, you need to query the XML. 

When I first used a repeating section, I found it a bit overwhelming, but it's easier than it sounds.

If you have any questions, let me know.  I can give you a step by step if needed.

Cheers,

rhia

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You are correct. I am very new to this - Nintex Forms (been working with it about a month) and repeating sections (just started this week). The article you included is intriguing, but, unfortunately not enough for a beginner. I need the configuration behind the nodes. In simple terms it sounds like we want to tell Nintex to query the repeating section and populate the fields but I haven't used any of the actions in the workflow described in the article to even know where to start.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

It's cool, we've got this.

So step one .. did you download the UDA, and add it in? You'll need a variable for "children" (aka how many rows), and a multline of text for the Repeating Section XML itself. 

You'll also want to make an Index (number variable - usually called numIndex) - this is just what we use to remind Nintex which loop it's on (or which row in the repeating section it needs to look at.) 

Let me know if you need help with those parts, and I'll slow down a bit.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thank you so much I really appreciate your help. What is a UDA? Do you happen to have an example I could copy and then ask you specific questions?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thank you

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to say in this forum or not but I wanted to let you know that I will be on vacation next week so I won't get a chance to try this until after that.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

No problemo, just let us know if you need more help when you're back.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hello Rhia Wieclawek! I'm back. It took me a bit longer than expected to catch up on things after being gone for a little over a week because of a training, but, I want to get back to tackling this challenge this week. I looked at the UDA tutorial that ‌ provided and it looks like I may need my system administrators to enable the ability to create a UDA. I'll reach back out after it's enabled and I've worked through the tutorial.

Accept as Solution Reply