cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Repeating section data display

I have a Nintex form published to a list in Sharepoint 2010.  It has a repeating section, but only the fields outside of the section are displayed on the list.  How do I fix this?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Repeating section data display

Hi,

data in a repeating section can't be associated with list columns, so they aren't viewable outside of the form..If you need them in a workflow, you can follow this great post of Vadim Tabakman​ : Nintex Forms/Workflow - Parsing Repeating Section Data - Vadim Tabakman

Giacomo

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Well, bit disappointing.  You would hope form data would show.  What about a repeating table?  Will those rows show?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi, the problem in storing repeating data is that you don't know how many fields you needs (and that's probably why you use a repeating section)..also using a repeating table will cause the same situation..columns are static while section/rows aren't so I think that also data in a repeating table may be mapped to list columns..

Giacomo

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi Nancy,

You could display the information from the repeating section within your list, but it would all show up in one column as XML.   The problem is that there could be X amount of rows within a repeating section so a 1:1 ratio wouldn't work on a per item basis.  The good news is that you can parse the XML pretty easily and then store the results as new items into a list for viewing.

Mike

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi Mike..

this is very interesting, could you provide some example on how to do it? I thought it wasn't possible also to a have a X:1 ratio..

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi Giacomo Gelosi ,

if you have the repeating section on the form, you can store the XML in the column, just connect the repeating section to a multiline text column in the list. See below.

<?xml version="1.0"
encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version/><Items><Item><TCode
type="System.String">T01</TCode><Site
type="System.String">1</Site><Function
type="System.String">Finance</Function><SiteLead
type="System.String">Joshi,
Kapil</SiteLead></Item><Item><TCode
type="System.String">T02</TCode><Site
type="System.String">2</Site><Function
type="System.String">Finance</Function><SiteLead
type="System.String">John
WCR</SiteLead></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

Using this as a input field to Query XML action in the workflow, use For Each and then build string action to get all the data for a particular node in one column.

The drawback is that this is just for viewing purpose, any change in this data will not reflect in the repeating table on the form.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Exactly thanks for posting

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Just to build off what Kapil said, many times I build an html table off the data in the repeating section for viewing in the list if it's needed I find that's a pretty easy way for people to consume the information if it must be viewed from the list.

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

Hi Giacomo, Could you help me?

What is the solution for my case?

I'm trying to have two repeat sections on my form.

I need that the user have the option to add a new row in these case.

0 Kudos