Destination Users combined in a single string

Badge +6

Greetings,

I have a custom SmartObject service which will fetch the list of destination users for my application.

On executing the service using SmartObject Service I get the list as expected. On integration of the Service with the Workflow, I see the destination users combined together (K2: ABCUser1 ABCUser2ABCUser3 ABCUser4). Am I missing something?

Help me in resolving the issue

Thanks,

Aman

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Yes the users need to be comma separated, what version of Blackpearl are you using? If it is 4.5 then the inline functions “Split” should help with that.
HTH
Vernon
Badge +6

I am using blackpearl version 4.4. If add comma into the Destination User rule wizard but there was no change so I added the comma in my custom service 'DomainUserName;' still the same.

Do I need to write the custom code in Destination User> Code to split the users with comma?

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

What you can try is write the field used to represent the users to a mail events body and then send the mail to a valid user, please check if it gets populated correctly. If you have the latest version Blackpearl 4.5, I’m pretty sure you will not need custom code, hence the nice Inline functions. It can be possible that you have trailing or leading spaces between the ; and User. I think it should be “User; User” with a space between the ; and the next user.

With version 4.4 do you mean 807? If you are not sure please check Add remove programs but make sure you can view the updates as well. Here you will find the full version of the product you are using.

Vernon

Badge +6

I am using 4.807 version of K2 and found that, there was not need to write any custom code or sepeate the destination users with comma sepearated. It works fine.

Thanks,

Aman

Badge +4

Hi,

am facing the same problem. we are using k2 version : 0807(4.8210.2.0) - (update)4.8210.2.370  

we need to display the mutliple approvers names and reviewers name in the email body message.

when i use smartobject load method (to fetch userslist from database), fetching users in this format without comma (domain1user1domain1user2domain1user3). want to add the comma or ; in the userslist. how can i do this? 

note : if we are using the same load method in email "To address" or "destination users" then it will automatically split and takes the values but i want to display the user's list inside email body.